Presented by the Brooklyn Jewish Art Gallery and the Jewish Art Salon.
In conjunction with the art exhibit «POW!!! Jewish Comic Art and Influence» and with the 2nd Jewish Comic Con.
MODERATOR: Joel Silverstein, Senior Curator POW!!! Jewish Art Salon.
* Goldie Gross, Curator POW!!! Jewish Art Salon.
* Joshua H Stulman, Curator POW!!! Creator and Publisher, «Israeli Defense Comics».
* Noted Artist: Archie Rand, Author «The 613», Blue Rider/Penguin/Random House, 2015.
* Graphic Novel Writer Julian Voloj, Author «The Joe Shuster Story: The Artist Behind Superman». Art by Thomas Campi. Super Genius Publishers, 2018.
* Rabbi Simcha Weinstein, Comic Book Historian and Author «Up, Up and Oy Vey, How Jewish History, Culture and Values Shaped the Comic Book Superhero», Leviathan Press, 2006.
This event is co-sponsored by Be’chol Lashon, Hadas Gallery, Rohr Center, AH Comics, publisher of SCI: The Jewish Comics Anthology, Vol. 2, edited by Steve Bergson, Grow and Behold and Elul Wines.
More info on the exhibition here: wp.me/p5n3hG-2uy
About the Jewish Art Salon
The Jewish Art Salon is the largest Jewish visual art organization in the world. It is a global network of contemporary Jewish art. The Salon provides important programs and resources; since 2008 it has organized 30 exhibits and 40 art events in the USA and Israel. www.jewishartsalon.org
About Congregation Kol Israel
Founded in 1924, Congregation Kol Israel is the oldest continuously practicing Orthodox community in Prospect Heights. From Chasidic to Modern Orthodox to just plain curious, we are proud to count people from a wide variety of religious backgrounds as members. www.ckibrooklyn.org
About Brooklyn Jewish Art Gallery
The Brooklyn Jewish Art Gallery is a partnership between artists and lovers of the Jewish arts. The goal is to provide an artist showcase in a landmarked congregation. Funds raised by the gallery support the artists and go toward the renovation of the 90-year Congregation Kol Israel. www.brooklynjewishartgallery.com